A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

No financial settlement yet

  • Johnnny
  • Johnnny's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
22 Mar 21 #516160 by Johnnny
Topic started by Johnnny
My friend is in the unfortunate situation where she paid a solicitior for a divorce using borrowed money which was granted fully last year. Her ex husband never supplied a form E and her solicitor continued processing the divorce with no financial settlement. Her ex is very financially savvy and my friend suspects lots of money/ assets have now disappeared. The information I have seen around form E seems to indicate only 12 months of information is required, whereas, in this case, I would have thought the records required should go back to (for example) 6 months before my friend found out her husband cheated on her up to the day a form E is signed. My friend can not afford more solicitor's fees and does not want to borrow any more money. She is self employed and as such receives no benefits and has been unable to run her business this last year with all the goings on. Can anyone advise please?

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
23 Mar 21 #516170 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
If the matter is before the court, a judge can order the production of financial information going back further than 12 months if there is a good reason for it.

Your friend may want ti consider an application to court for financial settlement. It is perfectly possible to self represent. You may want to suggest they join the site for support and also look at our low cost services for litigants in person.


  • Johnnny
  • Johnnny's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Mar 21 #516172 by Johnnny
Reply from Johnnny
Thanks for the advice, I will encourage her. This certainly sounds a possibility- just hope she follows it up.
Thanks once again!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11