A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pension/Settlement Help

  • Peachypops
  • Peachypops's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 May 21 #516682 by Peachypops
Topic started by Peachypops
Wonder if anyone can help.

Met my ex husband in 2012. Had a child together in 2013.
I had my own house that i bought in 2011. He was in the army and didnt leave until July 2016 which is when he moved into my house. Married Oct 2016. He left Aug 2019.

Fully divorced and on the understanding that he keeps his pension and I keep my house. Then court papers for financial settlement. He wanted 40k!

Nutshell. I have 100k equity in my house. He never paid into it despite getting 33k when he left the army. He used to largely to pay of his own debts.

I have given him a few thousand over the years. He paid little to live together (650 all in per month despite being on 3x salary to me)

His pension CETV has come through at 300k (it is an army pension so likely undervalued) but court have decided that an expert report is in order which will cost me £600 that i dont have. I am on a low in come and have two other children. He is now in rented accom and has been since he left.

Trying to basically say that he cohabited from 2013 even though he didnt but for the purposes of the report that is requested they have asked that the expert base their findings on this arrangement even though it is not true. I disputed it in court. I think his intital reason for doing this was the pound signs at the equity in my house which is 100K.

I have had two hearings so far. Neither had his CETV available so the judge was very one sided at the second hearing when negotiations were takin gpalce and thought that i should be looking to settle at paying him £20k. I thought this very strange given his assets hadnt been disclosed but were quite obviously going to be high.

Any ideas on how to progress. I no longer have a solicitor as he wasnt listening to my instructions - ie, get disclosure etc. I have run out of money for it.

Cant afford the 20k now or in the future. Can only work part time due to health. Any ideas on potential settlement?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11