A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Potential Financial clean break problem.

  • Carlsberg71
  • Carlsberg71's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Aug 22 #519798 by Carlsberg71
Topic started by Carlsberg71
Hi all again.

Can my ex wife go to court to get the financial Clean Break changed or delayed?

Do I/ will I need to gently remind her via solicitor that this will be looming?

background info ——

I got divorced in 2017 with a financial clean break. In the order was
- 25% of the FMH
- yearly copies of building insurance to be sent to myself (never happened)
- photos and videos of our children so could be copied (as not in my life sadly.) (never happened)

The 25% was delayed for 7 years (my choice) and to be paid to me in July 2024. This was to allow our children to grow up and have a home whilst going to university.
Very acrimonious divorce.

Hope all above makes sense.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Aug 22 #519799 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
It is possible to vary the terms of an order by making an application to the court. The issues in relation to the building insurance and photos/videos are irrelevant as these detract from the main issue which is releasing your financial interest from the property.

It would be worthwhile making contact with your ex now in order that she can begin to make arrangements with nearly 2 years left on the order. It probably won't be a welcome communication but it is better than leaving it until July 2024 at which point you discover that no effort has been made to deal with the terms of the order.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11