A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can he sell without my consent?

  • deve
  • deve's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Oct 07 #5243 by deve
Topic started by deve
We agreed from the start of our split to sell the FMH and he signed the papers to let it go on the market with the estate agent and the solicitor.

However, we have another rental property which was purchased during our relationship (whilst living together) a year or two before we married which had been for rental investment. The mortgage is in his sole name, but I see it as a matrimonial asset. I have since found out that he has put the property on the market when he promised that it will be rented until at least the end of the divorce...he has requested that a sale board not be put up incase I drive past and see it!LOL

Can he do this without my consent?

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Oct 07 #5245 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Yes, in my opinion. If you want to prevent him selling the property as a means of avoiding or limiting his obligations to you, you should see a solicitor and discuss the property of an order to prevent the sale pending resolution of the finances.

Mike 100468

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.