A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

she wont move in with lover just to get my money

  • borochris
  • borochris's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Oct 07 #5432 by borochris
Topic started by borochris
My wife has a boyfriend that she has introduced my kids to and she has him in the house during the week while I am working away. I am therefore going to divorce her for adultery.

She has told me that she wont live with him as that would reduce the amount of money that i would have to pay her.

Is there any way that I can get the courts to take his income into account under these circumstances?

  • lync
  • lync's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Oct 07 #5435 by lync
Reply from lync
I am no expert on this but I dont think they will take his income into account until they are cohabitating. Sorry probably not what u wanted to hear.

  • Monitor441
  • Monitor441's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Oct 07 #5436 by Monitor441
Reply from Monitor441
BC. Its bad news I am afraid. Until they declare they are cohabiting, there is nothing you can do about it.

Does he have his own house? Is he on the electoral role there? Is he paying utility bills there? If it yes to all these questions, you don't have a leg to stand on and will have to pay SM.

My experience is as follows: I found out about my wife's affair in July 06. I moved out of FMH in Nov 06 and have been living half a mile away in a rented house. I share care of children with ex2b on 50:50 basis, week on, week off. I have paid SM to ex2b for 11 months now and her boyfriend has been living in FMH "unofficially" since May/June. I have spoken to the Council Tax fraud team, as she is claiming single adult discount for council tax. Nothing they can do as he is supposed to be living with his Mum and Dad. He doesn't have his own place so he has no defence there but until they declare it, I'm stuck. I am keeping an eye on the new electoral role which comes out in December and will go and read it to see if he is on it the FMH.

Good luck


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.