A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Stamp Duty when Transferring Mge into Sole Name

  • dolphin
  • dolphin's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Oct 07 #5533 by dolphin
Topic started by dolphin
I wonder if anyone can help me. I am currently in the process of changing the joint mortgage on our FMH into my sole name. At the same time, I will transfer the money from our joint account into my STBX husband's sole name. I have now been advised that I may be liable for Stamp Duty on this transaction. Has anyone else been in the same situation and can they explain what the thresholds are.

Many thanks,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11