A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Financial, first directions appointment

  • Ruku
  • Ruku's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Nov 07 #5694 by Ruku
Topic started by Ruku
I have done a lot of writing through my solicitors, and my
husband has so far not provided me with documentry evidence of where money went when he sold one property. He was illegal immigrant in this country and i remortaged my pre marriage home and bought another property which was in joint names. as soon as he got 2 years discreationary leave, temporily stay in the uk he changed
the property into his sole name, using the same solicitor, i did not get any independent advice, and he sold the property for 70K and says the money is gone on things, where he is not providing any documentry evidence.

I am taking this to court, first directions appointment being end of January. I have two properties on my name, both highly mortaged, interest only, equity worth 75k,

I have managed to freeze 20k from the property my husband
sold, that is why i am going to court, so far he does not
pay any maintenace to the child, 7 years old, cant have
her for overnight, because of his immigration status,
court decided, only 3 hours,on a sunday.
I put 15k on the property which he sold, he has re-ma
re-married in india, and started a chip shop with the
money. I would very much like the 20k going to my child
as i can see that in the future he will not pay anythig
towards her upbringing, aand he is using the child to
apply for indefinite leave, is there any hope in this case
for me. please advice

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11