A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help...need sum advice...

  • Lesleyann37
  • Lesleyann37's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Nov 07 #5794 by Lesleyann37
Topic started by Lesleyann37

Can any1 help me? I am waiting for the first form from the court 2 my hubs...2 start the divorce...wot am i entitled 2?

I am sleeping downstairs and hubs is upstairs. I want 2 keep the house so does he.....wot happens?

Any help greatly appreciated? Thank u



  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
03 Nov 07 #5798 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Hi Lesley,


If you produce some hard facts: length of marriage, incomes, pensions, childrens ages, equity in house etc; etc... then you may get a lot of responses here. However, there is no goldne 'rule' on what might happen.

It's easier to follow also, if not done in 'text talk'.

(old and doddery!)


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.