A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ancillary relief

  • lilybet
  • lilybet's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
03 Nov 07 #5811 by lilybet
Topic started by lilybet
:huh: have i been had.i got divorced under 5yr seperation,not straight forward been unsucessfull on previous attempt of 2 yrs.anyway no ancillary relief was ever sorted my solicitor only mentioned maintenance kid/me, but i knew it was fruitless, as he lives in eire.
he has bought new house with girlfriend of 3yrs.i carried on all payments,he never contributed to kids or house since breakup 8yrs ago. divorced only 2.5yrs.no contact between us ,i have tried to come to some agreements,re house, he wants 50%. obviously heS not going to spent any money to sort tyhis out,but i am being refused with a discretnary loan to cover large service bill,as 2 names on lease. he wouild love to think i was struggling.he dosent worry about our youngest of 18rs going to uni from home. 18 yrs of marraige. 3 kidsother above age limit to count.my question is why did my solicitor say there was nothing else to consider when the judge asked, as the house still remains unresolved.normally i dont mind carring on like this but every now and again tyhis problem arises. where do i stand. i cannot afford legal help. liz:S


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11