A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Do have to match half te mortgage paymet

  • when will it end
  • when will it end's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Nov 07 #5909 by when will it end
Topic started by when will it end
Help - I have reached a point that I am finding it difficult to remain in the same house as my husband, he will not agree to sell the house.And have started ancillary Relief, Our morgage is in joint names, I have always paid half the mortgage all be it, he earns a lot more than me. If I walked out would I still have to pay half the mortgage or could I pay a portion only. The reason I ask is I could not afford my childs school fees, rent and half the mortgage.Until the matter was dealt with bythe court

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Nov 07 #6031 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
The court will not make you pay half the mortgage if you walk out.

If you stop paying then the mortgage company will chase you both as it is in joint names.

You both have to be sensible and try to come to an arrangement or one of you could stop paying and eventually your home will be at risk of repossession.

The formal route you can take (this is not specifically to do with the mortgage, rather all your expenses) is to apply to the court for interim spousal maintenance.

They will look at your circumstances (income and outgoings) and if they feel it appropriate will make an award for him to pay you X amount each month until the ancillary relief proceedings are completed and a more permanent award is made.

  • when will it end
  • when will it end's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
06 Nov 07 #6044 by when will it end
Reply from when will it end
Much apprecite Iwill look into this straght away,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.