A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Divorce Claim while living with my family

  • JAS
  • JAS's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Nov 07 #6338 by JAS
Topic started by JAS
I am a man who had an arranged marriage 2 years ago with a girl also from the UK. I don't love her so am desperate for a divorce. We split 4 months ago as she left my family home as we both agreed we do not want to be with each other anymore. She now wishes to claim £17000 from me and also wants back jewellery that she has given me. I would like some personal possessions back from her as well. Can she claim £17,000 back from me? She has lived in my house rent free as the mortgage had been paid. She only paid a few of the bills, as my mum and dad and myself paid the others. The house and everything else is in my parent's name. We also don't have any children. I have put my petition in last week. Her relatives have also used threatening behaviour towards me and my family. Can you tell me how it works and whether she can claim for anything?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11