A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Does my wife have a claim on my assets

  • fatcatkoji
  • fatcatkoji's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Nov 07 #6344 by fatcatkoji
Topic started by fatcatkoji
Hi, does my (ex to be) wife have a claim on my assets even though she walked out of the relationship, and we had split our assets 50/50.

She had committed adultery, and moved out to live with her new lover. We split everything 50/50 and now I am with my new partner and have bought a house and furnished it together. I want to proceed with divorce but am worried about the ex having a claim on our new house.

  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Nov 07 #6353 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
Probably yes unless you had Clean Break re finances legally . In most cases i think finances sorted b4 divorce a solicitor will advise you best.. but id move quick .also is the house in new parteners name if so then think you ok.
It seems tat unless clean break you can return at any time and claim .e.g im not absoluted and thefinancial side in the middle of court hearings as we speak.. so we been apart since feb had little no contact with me or kids, but say i won lottery today.. he has claim .. vice versa.
Just best go to sol swnd good luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.