A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E, bank statements, splitting assetts etc

  • jony
  • jony's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Nov 07 #6348 by jony
Topic started by jony
Help very much appreciated again,
Been seperated over 4 months, through solicitors exchanged form Es a few weeks ago.
divorce petition sent a few weeks ago, ex2b doesn't seem to want to negotiate and my solicitor thinks it will have to go through full court process unless there is a change.
Solicitor says as first form E exchange was voluntary ,we have to update form E for court and exchange again but this could be a month or two away.
We've both opened seperate accounts now, me over last few weeks, and I'm wondering what date is used re finace splitting, is it the petition date ie a few weeks ago, or original form E submission, or when updated form E is sent in a month or twos time?
Also do I have to disclose my new bank account data in a few months time, in addition to the 12 months of bank statements already exchanged.
If so, and if this is then effectively split between us, obviously its better for me to be incurring any expenditure that I need to now, rather than later.

thanks in advance for any advice.

  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Nov 07 #6349 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
Hi Jony
I am in middle of court procedure having my fdr in 3 weeks.

the from is is a full frank and honest disclosure at the time you complete it. The judge usually sets the date for itss completion and then you get chance to ask re any discrepencies... both parties...
Its a very complex and long winded affair mine gone on since march... but it depends on cooperation of you both toward the court etc as had 3 1st appoinments with judge each time something wrong (not my side) so adjourned.
Good luck and dont get too bogged down with it all

  • jony
  • jony's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Nov 07 #6376 by jony
Reply from jony
Thanks very much for your advice, looks like I need to do it again when judge sets date.
I was hoping i could carry on life without my wife and her sol anaysing absolutely everything going in and out of my new current account.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.