A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

any advise

  • lilybet
  • lilybet's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Nov 07 #6360 by lilybet
Topic started by lilybet
i have posted my details previously,but heres lastest problem.there is a large invoice from council for services/works carried out for leaseholders.mine is £5,750. they had agreed to give me discretianary loan,great!!!!!!!.but because the house is in bth names they need his permission.ours unfortunately was not an amicable divorce,yawn and no ancillary relief ever sorted. but i have kept the house going no help from him,lives in eire in new house with g/f fine im ok with everybody getting on. but its galling that he still has control over my life. so what happens if he refuses to sign his consent for a charge to be put on the property.i cannot afford sol to sort out prob over the limit for cls.
any advise would be appreciated, i'm terrified we could now lose our home after all the crap we were put through.:dry:thanks liz.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.