A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

urgent help needed plz

  • shar10
  • shar10's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Jun 07 #674 by shar10
Topic started by shar10
My husband has his own business, earning 35-40k, hes not payin us any momey only the mortgage of 283 pm, the money wehad in bank is nearly gone as ive been living on that and payin bills.
He wont pay me child maintenance as he dont see why he should have to pay to see his child, dont see it as providing for him:S

Hes threatening to sell business, or sign it over to a friend until divorce is over, says if he no income courts cant make him pay. Can he really get away with doin this, surely im entitled to cash from business in ancillary relief, and on a maintenance basis, like a % of his income every mth
Im about to start proceedings to claim spouse maintenance and have contacted csa.
Please help

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jun 07 #676 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
In answer to your specific question, I am pretty sure that the Courts have the power to take action if they suspect that a spouse is planning to dispose of property to defeat the other spouse's claim for financial relief. If you suspect this, you need to see a solicitor very quickly. There may be other ways, such as a caution against dealings ( ask your solicitor about this ) but my knowledge in this area is very rusty and I hesitate to be more specific for fear that the advice could be out of date.

  • shar10
  • shar10's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Jun 07 #680 by shar10
Reply from shar10
thanx anyway mike, shall phone my solictor monday.

Does anyone else have any knowledge on this matter plz

  • ChinUp
  • ChinUp's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Jun 07 #684 by ChinUp
Reply from ChinUp

Please see your solicitor and get proper legal advice. Your husband has threatened you with many things now so get your own advice and please try to ignore his threats, I know this is not easy but he is intimidating you. Have read your blog and am gobsmacked at what has happened today. Please get all the help and advice you need. You know you have friends here so lean on us until you can make decisions. Take great care of yourself.

xx ChinUp

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.