A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

wher do i stand???

  • lilybet
  • lilybet's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Nov 07 #6958 by lilybet
Reply from lilybet
sorry,but but ideas about my pension,i work for NHS, divorced 2yrs, and he lives in house with g/f own their own home foe 3yrs,can he still be entitled to share.??

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Nov 07 #6999 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
Unfortunately you can not force anyone to sign anything.

Appealing to someones good nature does not work always but keep trying.

An interesting point with divorce is that the other party once liked you so the best bet is hope that they sign for old time sake.


  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Nov 07 #7004 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi Lily

Did you not get all the finances sorted out at time of divorce? He could make a claim against you regarding your pension if you did not get a Consent Order at time of divorce. Did you not get legal advice at time of divorce?
He could be entitled to a pension share based on how many years you were together and it will always be in the form of a percentage. Did he not have a pension? Did you not have any assets? In order to determine what share he would get depends on many factors, some of the above i have already asked you? You need to be more specific about what happened at the time of your divorce. He will no longer be entitled to a widows pension as you got your divorce absolute. But they can argue that he should get more then because he has lost certain benefits ect.
Like i say if you can post more information then someone can answer you more correctly.

Kind regards

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11