A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • lovey
  • lovey's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Nov 07 #6956 by lovey
Topic started by lovey
HI All need some advice, i have 2 sons 5 & 7 HUGE £380,000 mortgage and probably will be able to sell house for £430,00 i have worked with my stbx for the last 7 years i am now on income support they wont pay the £100 interest loan yet, but still leaves a shortfall, what do i do, sell the house, but the profit is not enough to buy somewhere else, stay but cant aford the mortgage, does anyone else have any ideas, it is all if, buts and when and really dont know where to go from here, sol advises to stay but how can they make him pay if is constantly travelling abroad any advice would be much appreciate.


  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Nov 07 #7041 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
If you haven't already done so you could investigate the possibilities of a remortgage payment holiday or changing to an interest only mortgage with the lender.

With regard to getting your husband to pay it depends on whether or not he works for a company based in the UK or which other country is involved. If a court makes an order here it's feasible to enforce it in many other countries, although the expense and time might make it not worthwhile.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.