A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ready for absolute

  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jun 07 #734 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi blessingindisguise.

I think the only way for you to go now they refuse the voluntary disclosure route is.....The form E route, this is a financial form you both fill in, (seperately) and it has specific information that needs to be filled in....i.e....12 months bank statements, all assets and debts need to be in there, how many children ect, ect....i dont beleive its of any difference to you if you have already given the information voluntary,in fact maybe its best to File form E, that way you both comply with order of the court, and there are timeframes that you have to adhere to.

Dont stress about it "blessing" its not worth it and it may turn out the best all round.

Kind regards

Just to add, you couldnt be at form E level if voluntary disclosure is where you were at, Form e is the document that has to be filed at court by a certain date. Maybe it will help us understand exactly where you are at and at what stage, so we can help more by posting a blog, that way we can answer you in there and get a better understanding of your case. ;)

  • blessingindisguise
  • blessingindisguise's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Jun 07 #761 by blessingindisguise
Reply from blessingindisguise
Hi Louise II

Thanks so much for your advice. As a point of correction, I have provided my solicitor with all the necessary information to fill in form E as we and ex to be's solicitor had initially agreed to a voluntary disclosure. I believe we were still going to exchange Form Es as well. Now that we are taking the court route, it makes it easier for me. I know the mediation route will never work given his violent and deceitful nature. besides the court route, could there be other ways in which he can be made to produce the relaevant information and progress issues?

  • pinkfish
  • pinkfish's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
14 Jun 07 #780 by pinkfish
Reply from pinkfish
Hi blessingsindisgiuse,

Sounds like we have had similar things to deal with. Police involved in mine but as he was one of them the case got no where they closed ranks. Anyway I went the court route and I am awaiting the absolute any time now. In my case it was the best way as the court has disclosure deadlines etc so things do progress. When the absolute comes it will have taken six months from getting the nisi. I don't know how it will be worked out in your case as you say you are earning more then him. My case was he worked i cared for the family. I got the house, endowments, no sm(don't want to have @support' from him),and a share of the pension. Family car was in my name anyway, sold that got smaller one and useing left over cash to cover mortgage till i get a job.
By the way I did go to women's aid and they are brilliant! there is nothing they haven't heard/dealt with and can put you in touch with others to help you. I found my solicitor through them.
Take care,

  • ambeljazz
  • ambeljazz's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
14 Jun 07 #785 by ambeljazz
Reply from ambeljazz
My partners (soon to be ex wife) is the petitioner and the Decree Nisi was granted on the 18th July 2006. Since then we've had nothing but delay tactics - she refuses to discuss finances but says she wont proceed with the divorce until the finances are settled, keeps dragging her feet with everything and now wants to stay with the status quo for as long as possible.... anyway,
I believe that my partner (as the respondant) can apply for the Decree Absolute as more than 3 months have passed since the Nisi was granted but after reading these postings I'm concerned this could be detrimental to him financially?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

  • Dockley
  • Dockley's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 Jun 07 #786 by Dockley
Reply from Dockley
Hi Ambeljazz,
Same boat here with my soon to be ex
The problem with him applying for the absolute is that it prob wont be granted.
As it's not run its course normally and that petitioner has not applied for it, I beleive that this is automatically a "red flag" to the judge and therefore when its realised that financial issues are still not resolved it will be unlikely that it will be granted to the respondent.
This is my own understanding of it as I too am the respondent, got nisi in Aug 2006 and now goin to court for financial so that we can get the absolute. I haven't applied for absolute because of this.
Hope this helps, although I'm not 100% sure im correct on this, check with your sols:)

  • blessingindisguise
  • blessingindisguise's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Jun 07 #797 by blessingindisguise
Reply from blessingindisguise
Hi Guys

thanks for all your responses. Spoke with sol today who suggested, like you all suggested, to wait it out with the absolute until finances are resolved or until we have gained ground with the whole process. Now issuing proceedings cause x2b has gone into hiding and is not instructing his new sols. hopefully this will drag him out of his hiding hole and make him cooperate more. wish me luck. will keep you posted.

  • vanessa
  • vanessa's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
15 Jun 07 #813 by vanessa
Reply from vanessa
my ex also threatend to go court over absolute so rang a solicitor who adviced me to go ahead with it as i had a pension to protect and he had nothing. hope that was good advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11