A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

First Marriage Maintenance

  • gillhow
  • gillhow's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Nov 07 #7136 by gillhow
Topic started by gillhow
My husband pays maintenance of £1000 per month to his first wife. He is 60 and she is 61 and doesn't work. If we were to divorce, would he be able to apply to the Courts to reduce this figure if he had to pay me maintenance as well?

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Nov 07 #7172 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
Yes he could apply to the courts or it may be cheaper to both ex wives around the table and thrash out an agreement before getting a new Consent Order from the court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11