A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • aguinaldo
  • aguinaldo's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Nov 07 #7538 by aguinaldo
Topic started by aguinaldo
my husband did not contribute anything towards are mortgage since september last year when he lost his job.he lost his job because of womanizing. we got a son and he hardly give any financial support for him...his moving up north and denying that his living with the other woman. his going to file a divorce and if i would not agree of what he wants it would be the worst thing i ever done that's what he said. i'm willing to give the divorce he wants as long as on the grounds of adultery but he won't have it. i have financial difficulty thats why i could not afford to file the divorce..

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Nov 07 #7543 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
He can't file for divorce on the grounds of his own adultery. Only you can do that. So if he is going to be the one to file he will have to do so on grounds of your unreasonable behaviour. So if you want it to be on grounds of adultery you will have to be the one to file. Personally I would rather save the money and have him make up something that is unreasonable about me but not everyone is comfortable about this.


  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Nov 07 #7559 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
It should be possible for you to get legal aid for a divorce petition. It is best you be pro active as soon as possible as you will get into further financial trouble without a maintenance pending suit order. B)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.