A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Limited Company assets

  • girltwin
  • girltwin's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Nov 07 #7572 by girltwin
Topic started by girltwin
When I get Divorced what happens to the 30K in the bank account of my Limited Company which I formed after we got married (4 years ago) but which my X2b has played no part in running or contributing to whatsoever. I am the only shareholder and my ex does not have any position in the company. It is all my own hard work. He has no savings because he spends it all on private education for children in a previous marriage. we have no marital children.

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Nov 07 #7575 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
A limited company is a seperate entity so he cannot touch the bank account.

However he can have the company valued and your shareholding can be subject to the financial settlement.


  • girltwin
  • girltwin's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Nov 07 #7576 by girltwin
Reply from girltwin
Thanks for your quick reply!! Thank goodness I only have a few shares.
So, if I also have 10K in personal savings can I put that into the company as a directors loan or investment even if the company doesn't need the money?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.