A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

housing issues

  • jazzyb
  • jazzyb's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Nov 07 #7827 by jazzyb
Topic started by jazzyb
Nine years ago I split from an abusive partner and moved to my own council house. 3 years later my new partner moved in with me and we jointly purchased the council house. After 2 and a half years we moved to a bigger house. Now we are to separate. I no longer work as I am bringing up our two children under 5 years and my older 2 children from a previous mariage. The house is up for sale and he just wants to do a 50/50 split but there is little equity. He can keep his mortgage and travel with it to a new home, but where can I go? He wants to do a DIY divorce but I am not too sure. We have been married for 2 and a half years. Am I entitled to any of his pension?
Please help.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11