A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

legal aid and costs

  • Mrs Ingledew
  • Mrs Ingledew's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Nov 07 #8054 by Mrs Ingledew
Topic started by Mrs Ingledew
My stbx is getting legal aid! laughable but anyway somehow he has done it.
Now he committed adultery and my understanding is he would normally pick up cots but he is saying that he won't as we are both responsible for the breakdown of our marriage.

My solicitor is still filing for him to pay costs.

He has no money (on paper!!) any guesses as to the outcome?

  • BlueGangster
  • BlueGangster's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Dec 07 #8403 by BlueGangster
Reply from BlueGangster
You need to supply some more info here. Who filed the divorce and on what grounds. What assets are jointly owned in the relationship?

  • soulmanuk
  • soulmanuk's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Dec 07 #8407 by soulmanuk
Reply from soulmanuk
how did he manage to get legal aid? i only work part time plus WTC, i have £14 a month spare after all my housing costs and i got turned down.

  • Mrs Ingledew
  • Mrs Ingledew's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Dec 07 #8468 by Mrs Ingledew
Reply from Mrs Ingledew
I filed on the grounds of adultery.
He is not earning - but has had dividends of several thousand this tax year. Owes masses in tax debt from last year. Is not earning - see thread on hidden earnings.

No idea how he got legal aid.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.