A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Getting the Court involved

  • WornOut
  • WornOut's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Dec 07 #9301 by WornOut
Reply from WornOut

Just to put my two penny worth in -

Costs must vary from court to court, as I have just paid 300 pounds to file an application for Ancillary Relief.

You will find guidance notes for completing form E on the hmcs site that maggie has provided the link to.

  • BlueGangster
  • BlueGangster's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Dec 07 #9312 by BlueGangster
Reply from BlueGangster
Thanks Maggie. I have researched some of the items on the form however I am not sure exactly if I require any other supporting documents or exactly what I am asking for. I have been paying support for over a year and she seems to be happy with this arrangement yet whilst she is comfortable in the house and with the income I am left in the cold. Dont get me wrong, I want to support my kids but I also need to get on with my life. She is insisting that she wants to stay in the house which is now too big and too expensive to maintain so I need to get this moving.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.