A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

what am i entitled too

  • sniffercat
  • sniffercat's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Dec 07 #8684 by sniffercat
Topic started by sniffercat
Hi there, can anyone on here offer me some sdvice on the following puzzle, thanks in advance.

My ex and I divorced in 2003, no sols involved just a qhick cheapy divorce as his gf was pregnant.(now his wife)
I still lived in home with kids to ex until found somewhere to live, to cut long story short met partner, moved in,then kids supposed to move in but took two years thru courts cos ex poisened them against me, ended up with me having alternate weekends and one night in week.
My name still on deeds and mortgage of FMH and ex now married again with further four kids, the question is when can i claim for my share in the fmh.

At end of custody battle we were both told that we had too wait intil youngest son 18 and no orders or paperwork was done because of this.
if anyone can shed any light i would be grateful as am in limbo at min.

few more details.....

ex age 55 and unemployable due to ill health(matter of opinion)
House has about £90,000 equity
son aged 13
son aged 15
dtr aged 17
dtr aged 19

ex and now wife (she 27)working but on mat leave
boy age 5
boy age 4
boy age 2
dtr age 4mnths

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 07 #8911 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
Sniffer cat,

Im confused on one detail....does you ex and his wife have all 8 kids??

But regardless..... i can see no reason to delay applying now for ancillary relief to get a finalised financial settlement.

In fact if you remarry before you claim Ancillary Relief then you could lose your rights.

If he does indeed care for all 8 kids then yes you may have to wait until 4th one is 18 before you get your cash from the house... but the ruling about how much you will get can be made now.


Put in a claim now for Ancillary Relief!!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.