A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E

  • dnac
  • dnac's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Jun 07 #963 by dnac
Topic started by dnac
I have seen this mentioned and seen it in the FAQ's what I don't understand is what its for, My soon to be ex and myself have aggreed a 50/50 split (which her solicitor was unhappy about, but works well for us) so do we still have to do it?

I think I have received the certificate of entitlement in the post today with the Decree Nisi? hearing 5th July.

  • Liago
  • Liago's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
25 Jun 07 #964 by Liago
Reply from Liago

Check with your solicitor. If the case goes to court then forms e usually have to be exchanged. However my case went straight to a First/FDR Hearing after both parties exchanged voluntary disclosure. As no settlement agreed at FDR, the Judge directed both parties to complete and exchange form E's within a week in readiness for the FH in Sept...

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 Jun 07 #967 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team
The Form E is the form used to provide full financial disclosure. If you are able to negotiate an early amicable settlement then I may be wrong but i believe that form E is not mandatory. But you must still be open about declaring all your major assets even in a negotiated agreement. Because if your ex later discovers that you had hidden assets then the agreement could be overturned.

  • SirLightBulb
  • SirLightBulb's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Jun 07 #975 by SirLightBulb
Reply from SirLightBulb
Form E is only mandatory if it gets to court.

My solicitor supplied me and 'x' with one and suggested we both fill in so we could be "open" with any finances.

It was well worth doing as it alerted me to some of the finer details.

Im glad I filled mine in, but 'x' never did which immediatly brought about "distrust" on my part. She said did not see relevence of certain sections (about new fella) but as I pointed out "why was question there if not relevant".

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.