A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Dodgy paperwork submitted with Form E

  • bobadob
  • bobadob's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Dec 07 #9685 by bobadob
Topic started by bobadob
If I can prove that certain paperwork filed by my ex-wife as part of her full and frank financial disclore which she uses to justify her debt, is in fact fraudulant and untrue, what should i do?
My solicitor appears reluctant to help me investigate and is happy just to go through the motions. I get the impression they dont want the hassle.
As the ancillary application is still ongoing, can anyone also advise if its ok for me to be sending some of the paerwork filed by my ex to external organisations?

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Dec 07 #9686 by topaz
Reply from topaz
I would ask first is it a marital debt or personal debt she is disclosing.I understood and was told the reason for a personal debt is just that..personal and it's purpose is not relevent as it is her debt..If claimed as a marital debt then I believe you can question the information supplied.I also understood that documents supplied with E form by the other party were'nt meant to be passed onto other outside parties, perhaps I'm wrong, check with your sol to be sure.

  • bobadob
  • bobadob's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Dec 07 #9688 by bobadob
Reply from bobadob
The other side has provided docs relating to a debt that she accrued after we seperated because she claims she needed money for food, shelter and clothes. I dont know if you would class that as a marital or personal debt.
To me, its just a dishonest attempt to paint a picture of misery and severe hardship with the intention to obtain more money.

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Dec 07 #9690 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
Swearing false information on oath is a perjury offence punishable by a fine and/or a prison sentence so it is advisable both you and your ex are honest in any disclosure.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.