A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Two properties (One council and the other bought)

  • maazee
  • maazee's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Jan 08 #9895 by maazee
Topic started by maazee
Two properties (One council and the other bought)
My wife and I have been married for over six years, and we have been seperated for 4 years, she has a council flat in her name for the past 4 years, I on other hand bought a house in my name a year and a half ago,ghe My Property is rented at present, while she she still lives at her council flat with our child

My wife has never lived at my property for any length of time only if she is stopping over. Recently i recieved a b94-1 notice of an application for a home rights notice on my property from my wife.

My Property was never the marital home as we never lived their togerther, it is currently rented out to tenants. Do i have any re-course on the notice - what is my position.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.