A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E

  • soulmanuk
  • soulmanuk's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Jan 08 #9966 by soulmanuk
Topic started by soulmanuk
i am going to swap form E with my stbx is there things that i should be on the look out for as i think her and her new live in partner will be hiding be hiding some of there assets. i.e she sold her car and he bought one for her in his name. she as added his name to her bank account. she as had 3 jobs in 12 months each one paying less and less hours. she as not contributed anything to our debts for 15 months and she says she is skint but they dont have a mortgage or rent and keep taking holidays/weekends away and nights out. all she says is he pays for everything

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Jan 08 #9967 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
Shes playing the old no assets scam. Watch your back.

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Jan 08 #9984 by topaz
Reply from topaz
when you get her bank stmts etc go through them very carefully line by line.her income goes somewhere.it's amazing what isn't declared but can be found from the bnk stmts.undeclared policies but a premium payment can be found. list cheques espec if in excess of 500 pounds. check account numbers and balances tally with e form, ,how recent are the stmts ,if not up to date more recent copies can be requested.check decreasing income on payslips and question decrease in hours and pay.her car would have been in her name before she sold it,request details of her ownership prior to selling it.bank stmts would show when she merged their accounts etc.take your time dont be rushed and play detective.question everything you feel is obscure, if not appropriate your sol will tell you before he submits your queries about her E form back to her or her sol.anything obliterated ask for a complete legible copy and so on.good luck.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11