Can anyone help me? I have to lodge form E with the court on 29th (Tuesday) nd exchange with respondent, but his solicitor has told me they won't be ready to exchange and won't say when they will? I am a litagent in person - I don't have a solicitor and I am ready with all my documents and the form. I know I can issue a penal notice on 30th Wednesday if they haven't exchanged or at least said that the delay will only be a few days.....should I go ahead and do this? The respondent and is solicitor have not met any of the deadlines up to this point even to the extent that the divorce was in he end uncontested as he refused to acknowledge the petition even after it was served by a bailiff, result being I was awarded costs which of course haven't been paid!
The deadlines are loose on form E submision. I would not send them your form E until they are ready to exchange. But you have logged your form E with the court so at least you are adhearing to the timetable. I would enquire about a penal notice and see what it entails. If its not to bad I would issue. That would wake them up a bit. I know the form is 28 pages long but it aint rocket science and lots of it dont apply.
The time table is very long with AR and there is no real excuse for delaying submission of form E's. My ex delayed for 2 weeks and I only got hers a week or so before the 1st app. I must assume this was a delaying tactic to put us off. It didnt work and things like this are not in the spirit of the process. Chris