A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ancillary relief and court dealine for Form E

  • valeriehug
  • valeriehug's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Jan 08 #11835 by valeriehug
Topic started by valeriehug
Can anyone help me? I have to lodge form E with the court on 29th (Tuesday) nd exchange with respondent, but his solicitor has told me they won't be ready to exchange and won't say when they will? I am a litagent in person - I don't have a solicitor and I am ready with all my documents and the form. I know I can issue a penal notice on 30th Wednesday if they haven't exchanged or at least said that the delay will only be a few days.....should I go ahead and do this? The respondent and is solicitor have not met any of the deadlines up to this point even to the extent that the divorce was in he end uncontested as he refused to acknowledge the petition even after it was served by a bailiff, result being I was awarded costs which of course haven't been paid!

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Jan 08 #11836 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
Ring the court and get them to vacate or adjourn, they are used to it

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Feb 08 #12812 by gone1
Reply from gone1
The deadlines are loose on form e submision. I would not send them your form E until they are ready to exchange. But you have logged your form E with the court so at least you are adhearing to the timetable. I would enquire about a penal notice and see what it entails. If its not to bad I would issue. That would wake them up a bit. I know the form is 28 pages long but it aint rocket science and lots of it dont apply.

The time table is very long with AR and there is no real excuse for delaying submission of form E's. My ex delayed for 2 weeks and I only got hers a week or so before the 1st app. I must assume this was a delaying tactic to put us off. It didnt work and things like this are not in the spirit of the process. Chris

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.