A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

re what is included

  • JEAN
  • JEAN's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Feb 08 #12902 by JEAN
Topic started by JEAN
Iam wondering if anyone can help me

Have been looking at form E. It asks for all property owned to be noted. My husband bought property with GF. Why is this to be declared?

What about life insurances he has taken out are they taken into account.If yes how?

Also it asks to list collections. My husband has a record collection and also comic books worth several thousands, built up during our marriage.Can this be taken into account?

Form E also asks for value of household assets how are these valued? Most of the items are not new and therefore have no real value.

Many thanks

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Feb 08 #12903 by Angel557
Reply from Angel557
To be able to see the whole picture you need to list all assest's, he has a home with g/f therefore he's housing needs have been met.

I listed all my items i beleive to have value of £500 + ie my car , jewellery etc...

i took out life insurance after we seperated i noted this on my form E and the money will go to my 2 children , note has been left with my next of kin he is not to get his grubby mitts on it.

  • BVG
  • BVG's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
05 Feb 08 #12904 by BVG
Reply from BVG
All assets of both partied have to be taken into account. This enables a division either monetary or otherwise to be agreed.
Any valuables will have to assessed as to their value and again an agreement reached about division. Life insurance I am not sure about but if its anything like my pension rights and death then my ex is entitled to a part of that benefit as is my new partner.

Division of household items is difficult, I agreed a lump sum valuation of £5000 and we each declared £2500 on our Form E's. Hopefully she will buy my share as she is in the matrimonial house

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 Feb 08 #12910 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Hi as i understand it property bought post seperation is listed as after the fact and not included in the assets though the money (deposit) he used should be there is a user josh2008 ask him hes very good hope things go well for you,dukey

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11