A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E. Undeclared income in kind?

  • BVG
  • BVG's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Feb 08 #13481 by BVG
Topic started by BVG
My X declared on her 2nd form E that she was in possesion of a leased car. (She had sold her old car). The leased car was being paid for by her new partner now living with her. My X has declared an income of £200 PM from her partner but not the £167 PM her partner pays for the lease of her car. Surely this should be declared under income albeit income in kind. My X's partner has his own car so the lease car in solely for her use. (A copy of the lease was declared with the Form E)

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
11 Feb 08 #13500 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Hello Rig
I assume youe xs partner has leased her car in his name also is he self employed leaseings usually done for tax purposes and they have declared a copy to the court so i dont think theres much you can do you could mention it at the fdr :)

  • BVG
  • BVG's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Feb 08 #13510 by BVG
Reply from BVG
Hi Dukey, Yes its is leased in his name, but he is in full time employment.So tax ....???. My point he he still paying my X £177 in kind over and above the £200. Also they would not give figures on how much he is paying I found it out from his X when he had to declare it on his Form E. Still will try at FDR tomorrow!

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Feb 08 #13543 by maggie
Reply from maggie
Good Luck at FDR rig
My advice is don't sign the Consent Order on FDR day unless you're totally totally convinced it's the right deal - give yourself a week or so to digest it and think through all the consequences.
Remember if you sign that handwritten draft Consent Order with crossings out and alterations that's read out at FDR you are signing the Consent Order.
I felt pressured to do it because of cost of "arguing on"
Worst thing I ever did.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.