A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How long shall I wait

  • zozo
  • zozo's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
28 Feb 08 #15328 by zozo
Topic started by zozo
Hi every one

I need your help in that. I am confused to what I should do next. My sol. sent my offer of financial satlment to x sol. more than month ago and I heard nothing until now. I do not want to contact my sol. as my bill is already high. Can anybody help me and tell me what shall I do next and if there is any time limit given to him by the law that he has to answer in so and so time or not realy. Do I have to wait for his answer as long as he wishes. Please help.

Any advice in that is very apraciated.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Mar 08 #15505 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Two suggestions :

1. Are you on sufficiently good terms with your x to ring him up and ask what is going on ?
2. Could you ring your solicitor's secretary and ask her whether any reply has been received ? Can't see you being charged for that.


  • zozo
  • zozo's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
01 Mar 08 #15524 by zozo
Reply from zozo
Hi Mike

I did not know that I can aske the sol. secratary about what is going on. I thought she is only to book apointments. Thanks for the help.
Many thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.