A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ancillary relief

  • zafiramum
  • zafiramum's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Mar 08 #15560 by zafiramum
Topic started by zafiramum
Hi, I am about to file my form a to get ancillary relief, we got divorced but ticked to do this part later, i now need to do is as my ex is not keeping to his word.

I'm not sure how it all works, we were together 13 years, have 4 children but were only married 3 before seperating
. My ex has only made his first maintenance payment in 3 years this month, and the main reason i am doing it as it looks like my ex is going to sell his property and not planning on making sure me and the children have anywhere to live or get anything from it. The house was only in his name, how is everything worked out? I also inherited some money right before our divorced was finalized, is he entitled to any of this, it was left only to Me.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Mar 08 #15658 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
The first thing you must do is to register matrimonial home rights against your husband's house. This is to stop him selling or mortgaging the property over your head. This is neither difficult nor expensive. Make this your priority.

There are many reasons why it is better to proceed with the application for ancillary relief earlier rather than later. My advice would be to proceed without delay.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.