A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • cheated1
  • cheated1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Mar 08 #16470 by cheated1
Topic started by cheated1
How much can the court make me pay in ancillary relief when it has already issued a decree of nulity (we were never legally married)
My ex co-hab is asking for everything I have my home and all

  • mike62
  • mike62's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Mar 08 #16473 by mike62
Reply from mike62
General rule for short marriages (even though yours wasn't even a marriage) is that the parties take out what they brought into the marriage, splitting any profits or losses incurred during the course of the marriage.

Unless you have been co-habiting a long time, I would apply the same methodology. Bring nothing in, take nothing out.

Best of luck


  • cheated1
  • cheated1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Mar 08 #16474 by cheated1
Reply from cheated1
The "marriage" was dissolved from the day of its inception and one solicitor I asked said she could claim next to nothing.
But her solicitor is applying for my home and to support her.
They seem to be dragging this out just to run up a bigger solicitor’s bill.
I have a legal wife and child to support

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.