A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

splitting assets

  • melon h
  • melon h's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Mar 08 #17059 by melon h
Topic started by melon h
Divorce started in oct 2005,after mediation we agreed a 60/40 split,this has been so,right up until feb 2008.my ex has an endownment of 15 years and it finished in nov 2007,he has never disclosed the amount,when asked it is just ignored even in soliciters letters.it had gone on for so long and legal aid had ran out,that just before christmas i agreed to 60/40 he kept the endownment but put £1000 in an account for the children when they are older this was sent to his soliciter to be signed.But he didnt and feb 2008 out of nowhere came the soliciters letter he wanted 50/50 and all the endownment.i was advised this was not acceptable and if in 2 weeks time he hadnt agreed to the original proposed percentage then would see him court.2 weeks on he came back with 45/55 and keep the endownment,once again i did not accept.today ive instructed my soliciter to go on with ar.but i have also recieved a text off my xs girlfriend requesting the childrens birth cirtificates in order to open bank accounts if i give them to him not sure where i stand.should all money be left alone until the court has decided or not ?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Mar 08 #17072 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Hello Melon

Help is at hand you have young childred that of paramount importance to the court.

When you have completed and exchanged form E and if your husband continues to be unreasonable you will have a meeting at court with a district judge (fdr) if at the end of that still no agreement then you have a final hearing with a new judge who may decide the asset split for you.

All months away though melon for now can you post some more details.

age and number of children

H income
W income
Value of home
Outstanding morgage
any pensions
all saveings
other marital assets valued at over £500

Thanks melon speak to you soon

  • melon h
  • melon h's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Mar 08 #17110 by melon h
Reply from melon h
hi dukey

2x kids aged 5 and 8
h income i dont know
my income tax credits £301
house vale £155,000
outstanding mortgage £22,000
no pensions
no debts
15 year endownment in husband name was married 7years that ended last nov he has the cash for that now
he had own business till last july with a car he has now sold on i belive was worth £7000 and kept the cash
no other assets

many thanks melon h

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.