A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

x2b refusing to fill in form E and attend court

  • FallenAngel1303
  • FallenAngel1303's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Mar 08 #17373 by FallenAngel1303
Topic started by FallenAngel1303
I have my Decree Nisi and have applied for Ancilliary Relief. Have been given a court date for the FDA but my x2b says he will not fill in form E, engage a solicitor or even attend court. Anyone advise me on what will happen if he continues to refuse to engage in these proceedings? This is all new to me so any advise would be gratefully received!

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Mar 08 #17376 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
I think that if he refuses to engage the court will require him to do so.

I don't know the circumstances, of course, but it's quite possible that he's unable to cope with the situation and so hoping that if he refuses to co-operate it will all go away. My own ex seems to be behaving rather like this, being very slow about forms and returning his solicitor's calls, though I am pretty sure that he will co-operate with the court timetable once it starts.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.