A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

consent orders and forms

  • hotandsoursoup
  • hotandsoursoup's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Apr 12 #322806 by hotandsoursoup
Topic started by hotandsoursoup
I am looking through my options regarding ancilliary relief. if i wanted to draft a Consent Order on my own would i just use the d81 or is there a specific form?

Do i need to include a form A with the d81 also?

Many thanks

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 Apr 12 #322819 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Only a solicitor can write a consent order, a judge would dismiss it if you attempted to draft it yourself, they are far more complicated you most people think, wiki offer the service for £139 and they deal with D81 and form A.

To answer your question yes form A is used but only for dismissal purposes.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11