A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ancillary Relief

  • puss4114
  • puss4114's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Apr 12 #323512 by puss4114
Topic started by puss4114
I got divorced last year, now I am going through the financial part. I have a solicitor and have filled in all the forms required, but my ex husband has not replied. The first hearing is to be held in 3 weeks and there is still no answer from my ex, even though the papers have been served on him by the courts. He did''nt reply at all to the divorce last year and seems to be doing exactly the same this time. My solicitor has now suggested we adjourn the first hearing and take another direction. It is costing me a lot of money and I am so confused and stressed I don''t know what to do. Can someone please advise. Thanks

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323524 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
I''m not too sure what the other direction is exactly. Why not apply for an order with penal notice attached for him to file his documents within seven days? Then if he ignores it, you can summon him to court with a view to him being locked up until he plays ball. I have to say, it rarely comes to that. The threat is almost always all it takes.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11