A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ancillary Relief

  • st42
  • st42's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Apr 12 #325829 by st42
Topic started by st42
Hello,I am going through the Final Hearing stage of Ancillary Relief.I would like to know how long after the second FDR meeting to the Final Hearing takes place.also if the other party has been deliberately untruthfull can the case be thrown out.In Ancillary Relief cases has their been cases thrown out.Last question if you dont agree with the judges decision what happens next? I would be greatful for any advice.Thnx.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Apr 12 #325950 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
Ancillary Relief cases are not thrown out. If a party lies the presiding Judge can form conclusions or draw inference from the deceit and adjust the division of assets accordingly.


  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Apr 12 #325962 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
I would add it doesn''t matter if someone disagrees with the judge''s decision they will still need to abide with the terms of an order of the court unless they can appeal. To appeal they would need to show new evidence coming to light of non disclosure, or the judge made an error of fact or law or a perverse judgement that no other judge could reasonably make.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11