A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Liberty to apply

  • BECKYWELLS's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Apr 12 #326714 by BECKYWELLS
Topic started by BECKYWELLS
My order does not have liberty to apply.

Does that mean I can''t apply to resolve issues as to its interpretation and implementation?

If I can, what kind of application is it I have to make? I.e. form Etc

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
27 Apr 12 #326798 by dukey
Reply from dukey
In most circumstances you have liberty to apply even if the order does not actually say you do, there are as far as i know very few exceptions, it can also be a mistake by the solicitor who wrote the order.

If you need a judge to help the form is D11 which gets you both a short hearing with the judge, make sure you send a copy of the order with the D11.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11