A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ex having trouble with Public Funding Certificate

  • mightyredmen
  • mightyredmen's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Apr 12 #326994 by mightyredmen
Topic started by mightyredmen
My FH is due on 8th May and before I went away to Oz I asked my sol to make an open offer to my ex. This was made on 30th March.

Since then I have received two letters from my sol stating that her solicitor is unable to respond at the moment as they are having trouble with her public funding certificate.

What does this really mean? My ex is on minimum wage and I would of thought eligible to public funding, she was represented at FDR.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
29 Apr 12 #327121 by dukey
Reply from dukey
It could be a few things,

The cert may have run out so they have to wait for a new one.

The aid may have been withdrawn or suspended.

Or the LSC could just be asking for more information, the cert running out is the most common problem.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Apr 12 #327143 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The LSC has to be certain that the case is worth funding. A case with no prospects of success is not worth the waste of public funds.

The most common reason that certificates are suspended is due to a failure to return means assessment forms in good time.


  • mightyredmen
  • mightyredmen's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Apr 12 #327147 by mightyredmen
Reply from mightyredmen
Thanks guys for replies.

Well most know my offer to ex on here and frustrated that I have received no response to my open offer sent almost 4 weeks ago due to public funding issue.

Countdown to 8th continues...

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.