A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

can anyone help or advise

  • insane
  • insane's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
01 May 12 #327747 by insane
Topic started by insane
what a mess .. Decree Absolute granted feb 2011 at this time had Consent Order agreed via solicitors and signed buy both parties but not approved through the court..ex husband decided not to remove himself from land registry documents and remortgage offer lapsed after 6 months.
in this time i suffered a broken leg resulting in 7 months off work major surgery required and rehabilitation had to claim on mortgage ppi which only paid half the payments consequently now have mortgage arrears and agreement in place to pay extra every month back.
my ex is now issuing Ancillary Relief procedings with legal aid funding as he is unemployed . my youngest child just reached 18 and looking to attend university oldest is 2 yrs from graduating both still at home with me.
i am paying all the bills and mortgage on matrimonial home will he be able to force a sale through the courts he stands to make 15.0000 maximum based on a 50/50 split if property sold and half my pension CETV 35.0000 has taken 4 years and still not sorted i am not in a position for legal help and cant afford representation how easy is it to self represent through the financial hearings as i have allready got a 3500 bill of costs for previous work done.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 May 12 #327751 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Insane,

What reason is he going ahead with AR proceedings? Is he wanting something different to your original agreement?

If he wants a little tweak - maybe it would be better to sort out between you rather than go to Court (it can sometimes cost as much in legal fees than what you''re actually fighting for :S)

What has he offered?


  • insane
  • insane's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
01 May 12 #327754 by insane
Reply from insane
at the time of the original agreement he wasnt happy with the costs of pension sharing order as the nhs had just vastly increased the costs and he didnt want to pay them.
since then i have lost remortgage offer and due to sickness from work and missed payments on mortgage i cannot now afford the original agreement i am expecting further surgery will be needed sometime in the future so therefore he now wants property sold to get what the original agreement would have been which will result in further legal costs and disruption to myself and the children

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11