A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Finalising a private financial settlement

  • swoopster1
  • swoopster1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 May 12 #328410 by swoopster1
Topic started by swoopster1
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

My wife and I are going through a very amicable divorce. We’ve agreed arrangements for our children and a financial settlement regarding the house, maintenance, contents etc. In return for giving her a lump sum equivalent to 70% of the value of the house; the car and paying child maintenance based on government guidelines she''s agreed to leave my savings and pensions alone.

On the face of it we now just need to get a solicitor to draw up a legal document for us to sign.

I know that we both need to ensure that the agreement clearly states words to the effect that this is a ‘full and final settlement’ and that there will be no ability for recourse from either party.

Is it really this simple or are there other factors we need to take into account?

Also, is there a form which will help us document what we’ve agreed that we can present to a solicitor.

Many thanks


  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 May 12 #328413 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
Welcome to wiki, and to some extent well done on agreeing things as far as you have so far.

Have you already applied for the Nisi or are you just starting on the ''paper work?''

The concent order itself needs to be written up by a solicitor to ensure that its corretly phrased etc. You might want to look at one of the managed services (Wiki provides one of these) to handle this, and potentially the rest of the process.


  • swoopster1
  • swoopster1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 May 12 #328463 by swoopster1
Reply from swoopster1
Thanks for the quick reply,

Yes, we''ve applied and received the Nisi.

Where can i find the links to the managed service on Wiki?



  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 May 12 #328466 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Of you look top right of this page or click on services on the tool bar or even give them a call numbers are at the top of the page.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.