A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
16 May 12 #330980 by blonde cazza
Topic started by blonde cazza
Wow today i recieved a solictors letter regarding financial settlement.Last week he was sure i would be awarded maintenance as opposed to my son..now it seems when i asked him of how certain he is change of heart has occured i cant say without seeing your exs finances.
Im also told that if i take my ex to court he will come after my house which houses his child.I may not have to sell now but in the future when my child reaches 16...as there is nothing signed this overhangs me anyway if i take him to court or not because he could still come and get it!
Ive been advised to go through csa for maintenance for my son.
When is this man going to get out of my life!
Two words Greedy....... spring to mind!

  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
17 May 12 #331262 by blonde cazza
Reply from blonde cazza

  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 May 12 #331290 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
Hi Cazza,
I think 16 would be an unusal point to trigger the sale of the FMH 18 or when he leaves uni seem more usual.
Your solicitor may have been a little premature in saying you would get SM without seeing financial disclosure.
With regard to the CSA, if he is not paying to support his child at the moment then he may need their encouragement.


  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
18 May 12 #331311 by blonde cazza
Reply from blonde cazza
Hi LB,
No its not the fhm,that was sold last year.I had a deed of trust in that he agreed that he would honour the deed of trust and sol went on to purchase a house for my son and me.
All finances havent been resolved as such as he has an interest in a family firm which he denies having.He has been asked to disclose form E voluntary but he wont all his sol said he earns 2477 a month outgoings 2350 a month no shares etc.They made it quite clear that if take him to court for maintenance he would put in form a to go for my new property.I have had this threat since day one as they said if fhm isnt sold by xdate etc etc..
I have nothing inplace to say he wont come back and make a future claim but like my solicitor said without knowing hs full disclosure no one can say if i havea good deal or not!
At moment he said he will pay 350 a month which he is doing but my solicitor said to put my mind at rest i should go through csa.
Hes ayinf full amount of csa at moment but has our son 2 nights a week so if i go through csa..i will be worse off as they deduct for overnight stays!
I know i cant risk going to court because if i do i could risk my sons and my home and im in a catch 22 situation because i want to go back full time to earn more money but he doesnt do his statement of arrangements contact timnes so im stuck!:(

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.