A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

enforcing the consent order

  • gotmysmile
  • gotmysmile's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 May 12 #332865 by gotmysmile
Topic started by gotmysmile

My ex is now refusing to move along any of the issues on the Consent Order and frankly I am at a loss as to how to proceed!

Some are fine, such as the SM but that was in place before hand, but the pension share, house transfer, transfer of legal title, transfer of the kids accts, he just will not move on.

He now totally ignores any communication (only email) and when I had the last email said I could just take him back to court.

I spoke to my old solicitor (I''m self repping but asked her legal advise) and she said I needed to get all the paperwork prepared for the transfers and the jusge could sign it.

Fine but I have to incur all the expenses again!! I still owe some £20K plus for my legal costs so don''t really want to do this.

I just want it done and dusted so I can move on. I would have though he did too especially as he''s getting married shortly.

Any ideas??



  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 May 12 #332903 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos

We thought it was over didn''t we.:S

I am having similar problems in enforcement with parts of the order, SM being one.

Did your order not state who would be responsible in the costs involved? I think it is usual if the person who is receiving the property would normally pay associated costs.

I think your only option would be to write to the court and ask for a direction in relation to the issues that you have.

Best Of Luck

  • gotmysmile
  • gotmysmile's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 May 12 #332907 by gotmysmile
Reply from gotmysmile
Hey Maisiemoo,

I find it sooooo frustrating that we cannot seem to reach the end.:(

It seems that I am bearing all the costs as ex won''t do anything. I am paying for his interest in the property to be lodged, I am paying for the pension transfer, and now I am paying for the title of a timeshare to be transfered even though the order says he has 28 days to do it.

He''s very unhappy with me at the moment and the threats of withholding sm have started but I''d be back to court in a shot if that happened. We can only just get by now so that would be the final straw for me.

Oh well, it''s the weekend, sun is shining, I guess I''ll worry about it on Monday B)

GMS xx

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 May 12 #332979 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Even though these last bits are annoying, it will all be over soon and eventually you will look back and think what was all the fuss about.

Enjoy the sun x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11