A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

is stbx playing a game

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 May 12 #334259 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
While I do believe you still love your husband, he is treating you and the children very badly and you need to take action. Waiting until the autumn gives him time to do all sorts of things to hide money and will allow more and more earnings and savings to drop out of the 12 months'' declarations for form E. It sounds to me as though your husband is extremely manipulative and controlling, and you have to break free of this.

This is what you need to do:

1. Go to the CSA about child support. Even though he is self employed and can probably hide money from them, the sooner you do this the better as it will be harder for him to do it.

2. File papers for divorce. Just get on with it. It won''t stop you reconciling if he really wants you to.

3. Apply for maintenance pending suit to allow you to live, pay the mortgage, etc. beyond what is needed for the children.

Best wishes, and good luck,


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11