A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

form filling

  • marrigold
  • marrigold's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 May 12 #334335 by marrigold
Topic started by marrigold
I have been given a 28 page form Entitled FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR ORDER OR FOR FINANCIAL RELIEF AFTER AN OVERSEAS DIVORCE OR DISSOLUTION ETC from my husband.I would like to know if I am legally obliged to complete and return it.He informed me that it was from his solicitor and that I had four weeks to respond.

  • NoWhereToTurnl
  • NoWhereToTurnl's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 May 12 #334337 by NoWhereToTurnl
Reply from NoWhereToTurnl
In the bottom left it will say form E1 ?
Does it have a case number and name of court in the boxes top right?
More information would help, have you been served a divorce petition?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
31 May 12 #334339 by dukey
Reply from dukey
In short you are only obliged to complete what the court direct, so if the court say fill this and that in you must, if a solicitor asks its voluntary.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11