A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ancillary Relief

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
06 Jul 12 #341449 by dukey
Reply from dukey
What does the solicitor suggest now?, are you sure you do actually have a solicitor?

  • Easteregg
  • Easteregg's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
06 Jul 12 #341508 by Easteregg
Reply from Easteregg
My solicitor says to keep borrowing money from family and it is best not to upset stbx by applying for sm, and he says that it possibly will affect him getting a mortgage, therefore just keep borrowing from family. I feel my solicitor is not very pro-active at all. (On legal aid!) Thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11