My solicitor at the time says she left it to the legal aid solicitor, and he says he left it to her! I will try and contact my solicitor today and ask him what he would reccommend. He takes a couple of weeks to reply usually! Thank you again.
I don`t accept that as a reasonable excuse, the fact is they both at some point represented you and as such have a duty to act in your best interests, the upshot is you have no money and probably wont for quite sometime yet.
I spoke to my solicitor today who is saying exactly what you have already said, about time waiting for a hearing, and that it might upset my stbx and make him slow things down further! His advice was to not apply for SM, but to continue borrowing from family. I have asked him to contact my stbx solicitors asking if they have raised the funds and can they still confirm payment in early August, and if not, we will apply immediately for SM. What is your opinion please. Thank you so much.
I agree wait for the next hearing, if they stump up the money great if not it proceeds and it''s in the hands of a judge, if they dont come up with the money make it clear at the next bearing your surviving by borrowing money from family, it''s to make it clear you have a need for maintenance.
It''s a shame your solicitors have not done a better job thus far, I think the MPS should have gone ahead only to be discharged upon payment, still what is done is done and now it''s damage limitation.